UPDATE: New Speaker Announcement!
Hello Envirorunners, sadly, Eric Letsinger is not able to present at our event tonight, but we’ve confirmed that Seth Brown, Quantified Ventures’ Director will be able to take his place.
About Seth Brown
Seth Brown is a Director at Quantified Ventures, an impact-investing firm that helps clients finance specific and measurable environmental, health, and educational outcomes. Seth’s background—which includes serving as a platoon leader and convoy commander in Afghanistan, diving deep into economic policy for the federal government, and revitalizing neighborhoods for a Philadelphia-based nonprofit—gives him a perspective few can claim.
Driven by a desire to solve complex problems afflicting society, he joined Quantified Ventures in 2017 to explore and employ new financial models that can move the needle on pressing environmental challenges. Seth has three degrees from Duke University: a BS in Biomedical Engineering from the Pratt School of Engineering, an MPP from the Sanford School of Public Policy, and an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business.
Prior to grad school, he spent 5 years in service to the nation as an Army Officer, including as a general’s aide. In graduate school, he worked in the Economic Bureau of the Department of State and at The Reinvestment Fund, a Community Development Financial Institution in Philadelphia. At Quantified Ventures, Seth is helping to build networks of people passionate about Pay-for-Success and similar models.
In his spare time, you can find Seth camping in a 1986 Volkswagon Vanagon, fly fishing, or heading out for live music. He also likes to listen to “nerdy” political and foreign policy-oriented podcasts.
About Eric Letsinger
Eric Letsinger is the Founder and CEO of Quantified Ventures, an impact investing firm that helps clients finance projects by connecting them with investors that want to put their money toward specific and measurable environmental, health, and educational outcomes. Specifically, Quantified Ventures works with governments, social entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizations, and healthcare systems and shows them how to tap into the financial resources needed to scale projects and deliver meaningful impact. Quantified Ventures current environmental projects focus on green infrastructure, coastal restoration, agriculture, forestry and other resilience focused work.
Eric has over 25+ years of leadership experience in government, nonprofit, and private sector organizations including: IBM, Baltimore Public Schools, Baltimore Housing Department, Cyveillance Software, PWC, and Samaritan Inns Homeless Services.
Joining an Envirorun Event
- Envirorun will meet at WeWork K Street before going out on the fun run at 6:00 PM. There will be a place to store bags while runners are on the trails. After the run, we will return to the venue for networking and hear from the speaker at 7:00 pm. Non-runners welcome to join!
- Envirorunners may store personal belongings, at your own risk, before the start of the Envirorun at the host location. The room will be monitored during the run, but again, please note that the host location and/or the Envirorun are not liable for theft or damage.
- The Envirorun will provide a safety and route briefing before the runners begin, but Envirorun and/or the event sponsors are not liable for injury or damage caused because of participation in the fun run.
- The networking session following the run is designed to provide an opportunity for connecting with the environmental community, with food and drink available for purchase.
- We welcome you to wear your best enviro shirt and share #envirorun photos on Twitter (@envirorun) and Facebook (Envirorun). Prizes go to the top tweeters!