About Envirorun DC
We’re fierce as a mongoose, bold as an elephant – we’re the envirorun community. From start-ups, nonprofits to large government bodies, media, the private sector, foundations, science, and academia, we all have a voice. We make an impact during our daily lives that affect people, ecosystems, wildlife and more.
Envirorun is a nonprofit networking group with the environment and running community in mind. We host monthly events for the environmental community to gather and network beginning with a casual run through the city, followed by insights from sustainability leaders and trailblazers. The Envirorun speaker series offers a fresh new forum for exchanging ideas while enjoying the mind-clearing benefits of running.
Envirorun’s mission is to facilitate dialogue and bring together minds and voices from all sectors of the community. Our speakers have included those in city councils, restaurant owners, journalists, college deans, climatologists, professors to local runners.
Join with your colleagues-at-large on a fun four-mile run over our cities’ most beautiful trails. Network about the ins-and-outs of the environmental community and how you arrived at where you are today.
Join the conversation on Twitter (@envirorun) and on Facebook (Envirorun). We welcome you to post your #envirorun photos and we will retweet. Prizes will go to the “top tweeter” and “best enviro shirt” at each event.
Happy trails and happy networking, Envirorunners!
Joining an Envirorun Event
- Envirorun will meet in the 2nd-floor private dining room, before going out on the fun run. There will be a place to store bags while runners are on the trails. After the run, we will return to the venue for networking and hear from the speaker at 7 pm. Non-runners welcome to join!
- Envirorunners may store personal belongings, at your own risk, before the start of the Envirorun at the host location. The room will be monitored during the run, but again, please note that the host location and/or the Envirorun are not liable for theft or damage.
- The Envirorun will provide a safety and route briefing before the runners begin, but Envirorun and/or the event sponsors are not liable for injury or damage caused because of participation in the fun run.
- The networking session following the run is designed to provide an opportunity for connecting with the environmental community, with food and drink available for purchase.
- We welcome you to wear your best enviro shirt and share #envirorun photos on Twitter (@envirorun) and Facebook (Envirorun). Prizes go to the top tweeters!