Kevin Bush, Resilient DC
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
6:00pm - 8:00pm
WeWork K Street
1875 K St NW
Washington, District of Columbia
About Kevin Bush
As DC’s first Chief Resilience Officer, Bush leads citywide efforts to build resilience to shocks and stresses and oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive Resilience Strategy. Bush has extensive experience building coalitions to design and execute award-winning resilience initiatives, including: Rebuild by Design, the National Disaster Resilience Competition, and the Multifamily Better Buildings Challenge. He previously led efforts at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to plan for the impact of climate change. Bush also served on President Obama’s Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force and at the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
He has also been both a Presidential Management Fellow and City of Chicago Mayoral Fellow. Bush is a widely recognized expert in urban resilience, climate change mitigation and adaptation, disaster recovery, affordable housing, and infrastructure. Bush holds a Masters of Urban Planning from the University of Michigan and a Bachelors of Arts in Business from Michigan State University.
Joining an Envirorun Event
- Envirorun will meet at WeWork K Street before going out on the fun run at 6:00 PM. There will be a place to store bags while runners are on the trails. After the run, we will return to the venue for networking and hear from the speaker at 7:00 pm. Non-runners welcome to join!
- Envirorunners may store personal belongings, at your own risk, before the start of the Envirorun at the host location. The room will be monitored during the run, but again, please note that the host location and/or the Envirorun are not liable for theft or damage.
- The Envirorun will provide a safety and route briefing before the runners begin, but Envirorun and/or the event sponsors are not liable for injury or damage caused because of participation in the fun run.
- The networking session following the run is designed to provide an opportunity for connecting with the environmental community, with food and drink available for purchase.
- We welcome you to wear your best enviro shirt and share #envirorun photos on Twitter (@envirorun) and Facebook (Envirorun). Prizes go to the top tweeters!