Join Envirorun DC for our next bi-monthly run featuring Dustin Renwick from National Geographic. After a 3-4 mile run, we’ll hear about Dustin’s work at National Graphic and beyond, including examples of stories and citizen science projects he’s worked on and how you can get involved. Come join us! Our bi-monthly Speaker Series this month is located at the RLAH Real Estate Office (11 Dupont Cir NW #650, Washington DC 20036). See map below on how to enter:
About Dustin Renwick
Dustin is a multi-media storyteller and currently oversees the storytelling grants program at National Geographic. He also co-leads National Geographic’s Bike To Work Day team and helps coordinate the winter Storytelling Summit and summer Explorers Festival. Prior to this role, he worked at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, where he helped to coordinate citizen science initiatives across the federal government.
In his off-hours he works on freelance journalism projects, produces a monthly newsletter, and coaches, trains and races with the Capital YTri triathlon team and November Project DC.
Joining an Envirorun Event
- Envirorun will meet at the RLAH Real Estate Office before going out on the fun run at 6:00 PM. There will be a place to store bags while runners are on the trails. After the run, we will return to the venue for networking and hear from the speaker at 7:00 pm. Non-runners welcome to join!
- Envirorunners may store personal belongings, at your own risk, before the start of the Envirorun at the host location. The room will be monitored during the run, but again, please note that the host location and/or the Envirorun are not liable for theft or damage.
- The Envirorun will provide a safety and route briefing before the runners begin, but Envirorun and/or the event sponsors are not liable for injury or damage caused because of participation in the fun run.
- The networking session following the run is designed to provide an opportunity for connecting with the environmental community, snacks will be provided but feel free to bring your own as well!
- We welcome you to wear your best enviro shirt and share #envirorun photos on Twitter (@envirorun) and Facebook (Envirorun). Prizes go to the top tweeters!