About Camila Thorndike
Camila Thorndike is a lifelong activist with a passion for climate protection. In DC she works with Chesapeake Climate Action Network to coordinate the 40-organization campaign to pass a “carbon fee and rebate” policy in DC. Experts agree that putting a price on pollution is the #1 climate cure–and Camila has been working for years across the country to make it happen, starting with co-founding Our Climate and the national Put a Price on It campaign in 2013, now active in over 17 states.
After graduating from Whitman College in southeastern Washington State, Camila worked for the U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution, led outreach for an Arizonan urban planning campaign, and spearheaded engagement for COAL, a musical theater project on fossil fuels. In 2009 she worked with DC youth on energy efficiency in low-income households with the Mayor’s Green Summer Jobs Program.
Camila is a Fellow of the Center for Diversity and the Environment, Sitka Fellow, Udall Scholar, awardees of Mic50 and Grist50, and member of the Young Climate Leaders Network. A bilingual dual citizen of Chile with a love of good food, she would be outside biking, hiking, skiing and picnic-ing all day every day if not for this climate mess we’ve got to fight.
Joining an Envirorun Event
- Envirorun will meet in the 2nd-floor private dining room, before going out on the fun run. There will be a place to store bags while runners are on the trails. After the run, we will return to the venue for networking and hear from the speaker at 7 pm. Non-runners welcome to join!
- Envirorunners may store personal belongings, at your own risk, before the start of the Envirorun at the host location. The room will be monitored during the run, but again, please note that the host location and/or the Envirorun are not liable for theft or damage.
- The Envirorun will provide a safety and route briefing before the runners begin, but Envirorun and/or the event sponsors are not liable for injury or damage caused because of participation in the fun run.
- The networking session following the run is designed to provide an opportunity for connecting with the environmental community, with food and drink available for purchase.
- We welcome you to wear your best enviro shirt and share #envirorun photos on Twitter (@envirorun) and Facebook (Envirorun). Prizes go to the top tweeters!