David Hume, Allegheny Science & Technology for the Department of Energy
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
6:00pm - 8:00pm
WeWork K Street
1875 K St NW
Washington, District of Columbia
About David Hume
David Hume is a life-long ocean lover. His work experience includes numerous sectors within the ‘Blue Economy’ including: defense, ocean observation, tourism, marine robotics, offshore energy, and fisheries. Currently, he is a consultant for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Water Power Technologies Office on marine renewable energy research and development, leading efforts on market and technical analysis.
At Envirorun David will provide an overview of the marine energy sector and highlight some of the exciting new R&D that DOE’s Water Power Technologies Office is working on to advance wave, tidal and ocean current energy technologies as well as his career path to get to that role.
David holds a BS in Marine Engineering Systems from the US Merchant Marine Academy, and an MS and MBA from MIT where he focused on energy and sustainability. He is also a US Coast Guard licensed marine engineer, a lieutenant in the U.S. Navy Reserves and founder of the marine technology website The Liquid Grid.
Joining an Envirorun Event
- Envirorun will meet at WeWork K Street before going out on the fun run at 6:00 PM. There will be a place to store bags while runners are on the trails. After the run, we will return to the venue for networking and hear from the speaker at 7:00 pm. Non-runners welcome to join!
- Envirorunners may store personal belongings, at your own risk, before the start of the Envirorun at the host location. The room will be monitored during the run, but again, please note that the host location and/or the Envirorun are not liable for theft or damage.
- The Envirorun will provide a safety and route briefing before the runners begin, but Envirorun and/or the event sponsors are not liable for injury or damage caused because of participation in the fun run.
- The networking session following the run is designed to provide an opportunity for connecting with the environmental community, with food and drink available for purchase.
- We welcome you to wear your best enviro shirt and share #envirorun photos on Twitter (@envirorun) and Facebook (Envirorun). Prizes go to the top tweeters!